Who we are:
Flat Cap Hotels is a hospitality management company managing a collection of three hotels and venues, all of which are independently owned by separate companies.
The management company Flat Cap Hotels company details are as follows:
FLAT CAP HOTELS LTD (09571307); The Vicarage Freehouse & Rooms, Knutsford Road, Cranage, Cheshire, CW48EF
Hospitality Academy: At the three group hotels listed below Flat Cap Hotels also operates the hospitality academy known as Flat Cap Hospitality Academy.
Loyalty programs: Flat Cap Hotels also operates customer loyalty programs known as Flat Cap Club and Flat Cap Business Club.
The hotel trading names and company details are as follows:
- The Vicarage Freehouse and Rooms owned by THE VICARAGE FREEHOUSE & ROOMS LTD (09834157) of Knutsford Road, Cranage, Cheshire, CW4 8EF.
- The Courthouse owned by THE COURTHOUSE CHESHIRE LTD (09930124) of Toft Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 0PB.
The Bridge owned by THE BRIDGE CHESHIRE LTD (10652566) of The Village, Prestbury, Macclesfield SK10 4DQ
Please note that the website and other digital platforms the businesses provide may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our website and our own digital platforms. The businesses recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about the information any of the businesses hold on you, our designated compliance team can be contacted at:
Information we collect about you, how we use your information and our lawful basis for doing so
The table below sets out details of when you may provide personal information to the businesses, what personal information you will provide how the businesses will use such personal information and our lawful basis for such use. Please also see CCTV and cookies below:
HOW WE USE DATA
SUBMITTING AN ENQUIRY TO THE WEBSITE, VIA PHONE OR EMAIL
Name, Email Address, Phone Number, D.O.B and any other personal information you may share with FCH or the businesses
To respond and deal with your query. All personal data will be stored via a secure server and accessed only by authorised personnel.
BOOKING A TABLE AT THE HOTEL USING THE WESITE, BY PHONE OR EMAIL OR IN PERSON OR ON RESDIARY
Name, Email Address, Phone Number and any other personal allergen information you may provide with FCH or the businesses as part of your booking
To process and confirm your booking, and as a form of contact relating to said booking. All personal data will be stored via a secure server and accessed only by authorised personnel. Data will only be used in conjunction with your booking, and not as a form of marketing, unless specifically opted-in to accept such marketing information.
SIGNING UP TO THE VENUE’S MAILING LIST
Name, Email Address, Phone Number and any other personal information you may provide with FCH or the businesses as part of your opt-in to the mailing list
To send you the latest news, offers and events, relating to the venue and any other venues in the FCH group in which you have registered an interest.
OFFERING CARD DETAILS IN ORDER TO CONFIRM A BOOKING, WHEN REQUIRED
Name, credit/debit card details
To hold in a secure server, and only to use in the event of a no-show or cancellation, with less than 24 hours notice (as per booking T’s & C’s) Data is never accessed or viewed by internal venue staff. All data is held on a secure server.
SENDING YOUR CV IN RELATION TO A JOB APPLICATION
All personal information held on your CV (Including but not limited to Name, Address, phone number, email address)
To assess your suitability for an advertised job role and to contact you where relevant in order to discuss said job application.
Monitoring and CCTV
Please note that for your safety and security, CCTV is in operation at the businesses which is open to the public (both inside and at the entrance(s) to and in any outdoor areas of the venue).
Such CCTV footage is retained for up to 30 days following initial collection and may be shared with the police or other relevant crime-fighting agencies following a substantiated request.
There may be photographers present at the businesses from time to time and we may display images captured by said photographer on our website or other digital marketing channels. If you are included in any photograph and object to this being on our website or other digital marketing channels (or the businesses), please contact us using the details set out in the policy and of the businesses, and we will arrange for the relevant photograph to be removed.
Job Applications: CV’s
The businesses offer a direct contact form via their websites, to be able to apply for advertised employment roles. These forms can include the opportunity to include / attach a copy of your personal CV for reference. All CV’s FCH or the businesses receives (including those accepted via third party sites such as indeed.com), are subject to the terms of retention set out as follows:
- All electronic CV’s are collected and stored via a secure email server, with designated access, as listed in internal company documentation.
- All physical CV’s are stored internally according to the same policy and documentation, and are accessible only to those designated.
- If an application is successful, both electronic and physical CV’s will be held for a period as such determined by the interview process. If an interview process is successful, and an applicant is hired, CV’s may then be kept for record, and will fall under internal Employee data policies.
- If an application is unsuccessful, or if an applicant is not considered for a role, CV’s will be kept for a maximum period of 6 months, upon which electronic data and physical data will be destroyed.
- CV’s and application data will never be shared with third parties and will only be used for the purpose of which it was intended. Personal data gathered via applications will never be used for marketing purposes.
Retention: how long we store your personal information
The businesses store the different types of personal information we hold for different periods depending on why and how the businesses are holding and using such data. Our retention periods are as follows:
- Where we are holding your personal information on our mailing database or as part of our loyalty schemes, for so long as you wish to continue to be part of our mailing list or loyalty scheme (as applicable) or if you have not engaged with us (made an enquiry, reservation, opened an email, clicked-through from an email, used your loyalty card etc) for 24 months. Even if we no longer send mailings to you or remove you from our loyalty scheme, we may keep your name and email address on a separate repression list for a number of years following this for the purpose of ensuring our mailings are not inadvertently shared with you.
- Where we are holding your personal data to enable us to carry out a reservation for 6 months following the date such reservation has been completed (i.e. The date on which your table is booked with us), unless you have chosen to join our mailing list (in which case the personal data will be held for so long as you wish to be part of our mailing list).
- Where we are holding your personal data for payment processing reasons (such as to confirm a booking where necessary), such personal data will be retained strictly in accordance with Payment Card Industry Data Security standards*, and will be held securely on an external server (never in the hotel or FCH offices).
- Where we are holding your personal data for customer service reasons or to deal with an enquiry you have submitted, for such period as is necessary to ensure that your query has been dealt with fully and properly in accordance with our usual standards (this will normally be around thirty days following the date of collection).
For more information on PCI standards, visit https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/
Disclosure of your information
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on your behalf.
We may share your personal information with the following third parties who shall process such information on our behalf:
- Guestline – property management systems and reservation management
- Resdiary – dining reservations
- Citation and their Atlas platform – staff records.
- Guestline – electronic point of sale
- Fourth Hospitality – procurement and staff rota records
FCH and/or the businesses may also share your data with third parties (a) if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so, (b) to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity, (c) where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons, and/or (d) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
More about your information – your rights
You have various rights in respect of the personal information which the businesses hold about you. You may correct, update or request permanent deletion of your personal information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or in writing to the address listed at the beginning of this document. Please include your name, address, date of birth and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person.
We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please write to us at the address listed at the beginning of this document if you wish to exercise this right.
You also have the right to object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing (including any profiling we carry out for this purpose) or where this is likely to cause or is causing you damage or distress. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our protection of your information
Your personal information will be collected, stored and used securely by the businesses. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we hold and adhere to the latest security and best practices and methodologies.
As a licensed premises we do not hold information on anyone under 18 for the purposes of marketing. This is (one reason) why we may request year of birth on some of our forms.
Changes to this policy / Complaints
Any updates to our policy will be published on the website.
If you wish to make a complaint please contact email@example.com.
You also have a right to complain in respect of the businesses use of your personal data to the Information Commissioners Office, but please do contact us before you escalate your complaint.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that the businesses store in your browser or your device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s storage.
We may use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website/s. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website/s and use our reservation and purchase services.
Analytical / performance cookies. They allow the businesses to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website/s when they are using it. This helps the businesses to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return our website/s. This enables the businesses to personalise contact for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website/s and other sites such as Facebook, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. The business will use this information to make our website/s and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website/s.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 24 months, although some will expire prior to this.
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – Thursday: 12pm – 11pm
(last orders for food 9:30pm)
Friday: 12pm – 12am
(last orders for food 9:30pm)
Saturday: 8am – 12am
(last orders for food 9:30pm)
Sunday: 8am – 6pm
(last orders for food 4:00pm)